Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Rabbit Choir Live at WOW Hall, 1989

With the blue Chevy van broken, and the shows in San Diego and LA complete, Tommy, Jim, Joaquin and Stacie returned to Berkeley to fend for themselves while Robert and I stayed behind to rebuild the van. After a week long personal hygiene protest (both Robert and I didn't take showers and slept in our greasy cloths) we finished the the job and the Chevy lived again.

When Robert and I got to Berkeley, we found out that Joaquin had quit the band. So with one show left and no drummer, Doctor Don (a bass player really) joined Rabbit Choir and the adventure began. He didn't own a drum set (his mom bought one for him, thanks Mimi!) and he learned our songs in a week so we headed north to play the show.

This was definitely a cross roads. Tommy, Jim, Stac and I agreed that if Doc didn't work out, we would move to New York and start over. Well, Doc rocked the house and that started us on 18 months of uninterrupted touring of the West Coast.

Here are some tracks from the first WOW Hall show featuring Doctor Don on Drums. (The Smoldering Butts of Rhythmic Love Jams - U like it!).

Rabbit Coir Live at WOW Hall, Eugene OR. August or September 89. If you were at the show - please post a review or something, I don't want to do all the writing... and pass this site around!

Sweet Sensation
The Comfort
Coming Out of the Fog
Give and Take
Friends I Have Found
Travelin' Shoes
Nirvana
River and the Bank
Palmer Fair
Burlington Bay
PNG
Ruby Speaks

Withywindle Way-Bombadil
The Tree Song
Reverend Foster

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guy's were fucking fantastic. I'll write more when I remember more. I'm pretty sure it was in '89 when there was a pyrotechnic (no show related) mishap involving Don and Robert.